Our mission is to deliver a unique rugby environment to highly promising players
The academy provides an independent and complementary training base to what is currently offered for those players that want to take their rugby to a professional level.
A real need exists in Spain to identify talent early (14-18 y.o.) and nurture it. The current structure lacks funding and resources to do this effectively
Apart from skills a strong emphasis will be based on the world rugby values of integrity, passion, solidarity, discipline and respect.
This academy will become a centre for excellence and a feeder for the national representative teams in both 15´s and 7s.
The academy focuses on the following areas:
- Players – men & women
With over 30000 licensed rugby players, Spain has a solid rugby base that requires high end coaching academies and clinics to funnel the talent into an environment where it can thrive
José Ignacio Inchausti “Tiki”
- 14 Caps for Spain XV
- Represented Spain in RWC 1999
- Spanish Sevens Coach tasked with gaining qualifying status for World Series in 2009.
- Career highlight in 2016 when the Sevens team qualified for Rio Olympics in a play off against Samoa
- Current Head Coach for Alcobendas Rugby Club who play in the premier division of Spanish rugby (Div de Honor).
Juan Carlos Pérez
- Professional Rugby coach for Spanish Rugby Federation.
- Actual Head Coach of Spain U18 squad.
- Current Head Coach for El Salvador Rugby Club who play in the premier division of Spanish rugby (Div de Honor).
- Winner 5 premier leagues, 5 King´s Cups, 3 Iberian Cups, 5 super Cups as Head coach at El Salvador
- Current Spanish XV player with 26 CAPS hoping to qualify for RWC 2019.
- NZ University & Northland ITM squad in 2011
- Selected for Spanish VII´s series in Hong Kong that resulted in Spain becoming a core team on the circuit
- Double degree in Sports science & Clinical Prescription Management
- Master in Physical Education – International University Valencia
- The Kiwi in the group to inject the NZ flavour into the program.
- Professional Strength & Conditioning Trainer
- Currently trainer with the Spanish XV team & VII´s teams
- Current trainer of El Salvador Rugby Club who play in the premier division of Spanish rugby (Div de Honor).
- Trainer of the Spanish squad for U20 Junior World Trophy
- Recognised strength & conditioning trainer for World Rugby
- Professional strength & conditioning for Spanish Rugby Federation.